! Joel Grueberman: Please Pray for my Dad

Monday, June 05, 2006

Please Pray for my Dad

In the last few days I have been praying and waiting to find out what the tests that my father had this week would result. I had almost built up some hope that I would hear good news when they called me this evening. The white blood cell count indicates that rather than a normal count of ten (and I must admit I don't know what that number means), my father's test returned with a count of 65. The doctor's say that this means my dad has Leukemia. We don't yet know what kind of Leukemia because that requires more tests and a removal of a lymph node for analysis.
Please pray for my dad and his health. The doctor's and their skills. And my family as they adjust to this new challenge.

1 Comments:

Blogger thegermanygirl said...

Hey Joel,

I haven't been reading people's blogs much lately (we've been dealing with some serious stuff, too--will tell you about it another time), so I'm just now reading this about your dad. I am so sorry--I can't imagine how scary this must be. He's definitely in our prayers, and I'll ask the church here to pray, too.
Please keep us updated when you can!

Love,
Courtney

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home