! Joel Grueberman: So I'm no powerblogger

Thursday, August 17, 2006

So I'm no powerblogger


I was informed by John* that I haven't blogged in a while and that it was distressing to him. So I guess I will, having been guilted into it. So here goes... (*its his real name.)
My last blog entry was in regards to my father, who has since been here to the GCA (Greater Calgary Area, I know its T.O. ripoff but I don't care) and had a pretty good time. We took a little trip down to Elbow Falls. Then we drove down the Powderface trail and for the first time in my life I saw my father take pictures. He's usually the one driving, so it was kind of odd. We survived the trail not recommended for travel and went as far as Kananaskis, so dad could see where I used to work.
They (mom and dad) took off pretty quick, because this was the end of a long road trip that started with a jaunt down to Ottawa, to visit my sister Rachael and her husband Maxim. Then they ripped over to Bozeman, Montana. Where I did the Cannonball run past Flathead lakes and reserves (reservations, for the Amis) and took my car to the top. Then when I got it back home, it promptly died. So I spent the next couple weeks trying to revive a car that should have a DNR order taped to the hood.

Well the news on Dave is that he looks good. Wait thats not news... no seriously he looks good. Judge for yourself...
We are still waiting to find out what the treatment will be but we have been blessed with many people's prayers and the constant support of our church family.


Anyway, in regards to how I feel. I'm just so happy that somebody finally confessed to that Jon Bennet Ramsey murder. At least that draws some attention away from poor Mel Gibson. Not to mention all the trouble they put Ms. Aniston through... is she getting married? Is she ever going to be happy again. Is it anyone's business?

I'm just out here working. For some reason, the TV people think I need to live a fantasy life through their infatuation with fame and the pitfalls of being human at the same time. I'm worried about the people who actually might be offended by the fact that I don't care about the people on TV. Well not really worried per se...

Well my battery is dying.. so I can't edit and save... its one or the other.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Raabs said...

Thanks for chipping in a blog. Glad for the update on your dad, but especially glad to hear your very own style of disdain at the mad things in the world. I need a fix every once in a while - so don't leave it too long before the next one :-)

1:35 AM  
Blogger John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Ya baby, that's what I'm talking about. Nice post. I especially liked the bit about the celebrities. Even nicer news about your dad though.

Keep writing man.

John

8:17 AM  
Blogger thegermanygirl said...

Hi Joel! I'm glad your dad's feeling well enough to travel so much....and that you got to spend such a good time with him! That's pretty cool. I wish I could hang out with my dad more often.

About the celebrities: I can't believe you would be so brazen as to trivialize people's interest in them. These celebrities are what it's all about, man! C'mon, get with the program! I mean really, like, what else am I supposed to be reading about over my breakfast cereal every morning?

Good grief.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home