! Joel Grueberman: half an hour to kill

Thursday, February 22, 2007

half an hour to kill

Here I sit. I'm ready to call it quits for the day and yet I find that time still hasn't caught up to my needs. So where do I go. I put on the headphones and link up Radio Blau and turn to my oft neglected blog.

What's new with me?

Well, I passed my XP exam today: 98%... so I am officially certified to open my email. And next week I start on my Excel training so at least my excuse of not knowing how to organize my numbers won't be a valid excuse for not being able to show a profit.

I am also in a class of 12 people studying the basics of Greenskeeping. This is an online delivery course and I am the only one from Canada. The rest are mostly from Europe or the UK, so they'll most likely be in bed when I start to study. Its kind of cool, in theory I could attend class in my bathrobe... (some of you who know me know how possible that is outside the virtual realm.)

Today I had my first real massage... I'd recommend it to anyone. Just don't try and do any heavy thinking afterward. I was very relaxed and now very thirsty, go figure.

Dad is doing ok. His Chemo continues to make him cranky. And thats ok. Now he limits his outbursts of construction to one wall a day. Not bad considering he has cancer.

Oh look at the time, the blog has done its work.

2 Comments:

Blogger John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Thanks Joel.

I enjoy these updates so keep them coming.

In my mind, you're dad is a hero.

Amazing.

John

11:03 AM  
Blogger thegermanygirl said...

I'm glad you're finally qualified to open your email. I've been meaning to speak to you about your unauthorized usage of the global emailing system, but thanks to your passing your test, my concerns are now moot. Good deal.

And seriously...it's good to hear that about your dad. :o)

C.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home