! Joel Grueberman: Weekend Update

Friday, November 03, 2006

Weekend Update

I need to first off apologize to those people I have mislead. Corner Gas is only avaliable for free online within Canada. I found this out when I mistakenly informed our dear Brother and fellow Corner Gas fan, Ed.

Nanowrimo:

I am sad to report that I still have a word count of Zero. I have been meaning to get started but I have also been in the throws of unemployment. I had an interview this morning for a job with a good company but I am not sure that it will pan out. In one hour I need to go work my second shift for a local restaurant. I have been trying out as a cook. I have been hesitant in the past to work in food services because I feared that it would ruin my hobby as an amatuer chef. Its definitely hard work but I am working on getting this Greek restaurant to start producing a Viking style Dürüm Döner like in Chemnitz. Once thats accomplished I might move on.

In other interesting news, I applied to work for the local police in the emergency dispatch sector. Turns out if I progress far enough along on the process that I will eventually be required to take a polygraph test. That just seems odd to me. Makes me think of Round Corner in Leipzig and the espionage business. The things you have to do to get a job these days... Maybe I should have stuck with ... I'm not gonna finish that.

Caio.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sippus said...

Joel
A chef now that is a for sure talent you have without even trying. I have never had a bad meal yet at the hand of your frying pan.
Hey due to your lack of email address I am leaving you our blog addy here
pippusdays.blogspot.com
Check it out if you like
Sara

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joely my boy first why is my picture posting with me ???? and hey how do I write to you separately. I have some pictures you need to see and well they would be rather embarassing posted on here. Childhood pictures that your neice just saw and said,"Is he wearing a dress?" You get my drift!
I also posted a family pic which you may be interested in on our blog. Write me soon or I will have to post these and well I can't be held responsible for who may view them.
Love
your sister

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home