! Joel Grueberman: But do you like my background?

Thursday, September 14, 2006

But do you like my background?

Its been a hellish week. Well perhaps thats an overstatement... So in regards to my last post. I decided on Saturday that I had no choice but to tell my boss that I would not go along with a plan that would have me lying to some people with lots of power and guns, so that I could go to work. Use your imagination and you can probably figure it out.
Then I waited for the best moment, I would go over what I would say while I rode around on the tractor. Then the perfect moment came and went about 3 times over 3 days. Each time I would let it pass and beat myself up for being a coward. We worked quite a bit this week.
Yesterday, it seemed that I might dodge the bullet. The plans had changed and we were no longer going ahead with the bad plans. Then last night my boss called and said that plans had changed again and we were going back with the original (bad). Opportunity #4 passed as I acted as if nothing was up.
This morning, I got my breakfast and headed into work. I actually called myself a useless chicken and waited for my boss to arrive. When he did he immediately started talking about the job in question and to my surprise I said it," I have a problem with this plan."
I explained the situation and to my surprise there was no yelling, no raised voice.
Fifth chance seems to work for me.

Anyway, he also said that he guessed the plans he had for this fall (fraud) wouldn't work for me either. So It seems that things have worked for now. To my surprise he asked me if he thought I was being paid fairly. I wonder if he thinks thats the reason.

No I have the worst cold. When I cough I adjust all the vertabrae in my back. Its not as cool as it sounds.

4 Comments:

Blogger thegermanygirl said...

Way to be, Joel. Good for you.

I'm sorry you have a cold. I do like your background. It's holy--I mean, holey. Olé. ;o)

3:54 AM  
Blogger thegermanygirl said...

Hey, my fellow comrade-in-writing-utensils! I just wanted to check with you and see how your writing is progressing? I'm still not noveling as much as I'd like to be, but now I'm at least up to writing once a week instead of only every six months. ;o) My heroine has been successfully kidnapped by those marauders you insisted I add, so I'm still indebted to you for that suggestion. ;o)

Have you checked out the NaNoWriMo blog? http://blog.nanowrimo.org/
I am starting to get really excited about this year's competition. I've decided not to work on my current novel and start a brand new one instead. Something funny, I think. I do believe I could use some funny.

I'm so pumped, I think I'll copy this comment and post it on my blog. Thanks for being a blogpost guinea pig! ;o)

Toodles,
C.

2:09 PM  
Blogger thegermanygirl said...

Did I say kidnapped? I meant *re*-kidnapped. The plot thickens, mwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaa....

2:10 PM  
Blogger The Raabs said...

JOel,
Glad things worked out - and that you got five chances! And that nobody with guns (even your boss) is after you.
The background has my eyes spinning a bit, but that's probably not as bad as flexible coughing vertebrae - as cool as that sounds. I knew someone who could dislocate their shoulder when they sneezed - ever try something like that?

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home