! Joel Grueberman: I'm going off the leash

Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm going off the leash



Today is the last day of my cell phone contract. The youtube is the Tragically Hip ie)Canada's Band. I just thought it spoke to the old joke 'the only different between a crazy person talking to themselves and a person on a cell phone; is the cell phone.' (maybe now, like in the video, the crazy people are the ones without a cell phone?)

So anyway, to update. My dad is doing good. This was his 65th birthday today. He only has one more round of Chemo and the doctor's have said that they will not be prescribing any more just yet. So now we have to get on with projects. He bought 20 bundles of wood laminate for the kitchen. Plus I got a free car that needs a serious tuneup. We have a tractor that needs to be overhauled, bathroom to build and a new garage/shop to engineer and build. So no time for cell phones...

3 Comments:

Blogger thegermanygirl said...

Congratulations! More people should choose unleashment! I still have my cell phone, but I've only had it on three times since October (when Ed was gone somewhere). A wonderfully liberating feeling!

;oD

I'm really glad to hear about your dad. I've been thinking of your family a lot lately, so it's good to hear that the doctor gave him such a good report.

Happy laminating!

C.

3:35 AM  
Blogger The Raabs said...

I have two cell phones (one for in NL and one for in B) but they are only on about once a day. But I feel like the guy in the video sometimes!
(word verification: gslthmp - "gsl thump" - whatever a gsl is. we call a mobile phone a gsm - don't know what that is either.)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its good to hear that your Dad is doing well. We miss you at church, hope you're enjoying Manitoba!

Nicole (From Connections!)

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home