! Joel Grueberman: If I blog it maybe it'll come true

Sunday, May 06, 2007

If I blog it maybe it'll come true



So here's the scoop: I am well. My father is nearly finished his Chemotherapy, he has an appointment in Winnipeg in the morning to find out how he is doing. He's doing fairly good for a guy whose test show that he is mostly dead. I guess that's what Chemo is designed to do, see who's got more kick; you or the cancer.

In other news, I am still in the business entrepreneurship project and still working in developing a plan for a business. Right now the numbers don't look good for starting a business in this location... but thats ok. Thats one of the potential outcomes in any good business plan: plan not feasible, please play again.

The picture is of a fountain in Helsinki, Finland that I took with a 35mm camera back in 2001. Surprisingly, the glossy looks better than the digital. Anyway, its always been a favorite of mine. I have been looking over old pictures lately to try and get a sense of how my photography skills are. The reason for that is that I was recently accepted into Journalism Arts at SAIT in Calgary. The course starts this fall and right now I am trying to get the funding that I need to pay for the whole thing.

I'm still not sure if I can go, but at least now its a real option and not some crazy pipe dream...

2 Comments:

Blogger thegermanygirl said...

Dude. If you're having pipe dreams, then we need to have a talk.

For anyone who wants to know, the previous sentence was an if-then conditional.

I am glad to hear that you're well and that you'll be doing the journalism arts thing. Way cool! You never did tell me whether or not you used that article I proof-read. I'll keep my prayer fingers crossed for you about the funding! :o)

And I'll also pray for your dad to get good results tomorrow. Keep us posted!

--C.

5:25 AM  
Blogger John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Hey man.

I hope you come back to Calgary.

I miss our coffee/movie nights.

I don't think I've seen a bad action movie since you were in town last.

Give my love and well wishes to your dad.

Squeeze his bum then before he reacts say "John Close says hey."

John

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home